Apologies for the lopsided nature of these pictures--the camera battery died before I could redo!
Thanks for all the feedback on the cardi/jacket muslin from my last post on it--most of you felt that the collar would be a good idea, so I went ahead and basted it on, and I think you're right--it does look more finished.
So here's what I've decided:
- I'll leave the length even all around after all. It's short enough to work for maternity, but long enough that it might work for a while post-maternity, too.
- The FBA itself is just fine. I need to rotate the horizontal dart I added to point towards the apex.
- I definitely need to add some front width, though--at least 2 inches total. It's supposed to wrap at least a little!
- I'll take in the sleeve seams a bit.
- I honestly have no idea how to fix these baggy raglan armholes--so whatever. It's a knit cardi-jacket. And the fashion fabric is much nicer/smoother than this crummy wrinkle-prone stuff, so maybe I won't get the same wrinkly effect.
- I'm going to baste the final together before serging in case further tweaks are needed, but I'm done with this muslin!
- Definitely going to replace this gathered peplum with a smoother eased peplum with a lot less fullness.
But not tonight. This pregnant seamstress needs to put her swollen feet up, cuddle with the cats and take a nap.