- Susannah at Cargo Cult Craft had the stats on "Sustainability and your wardrobe" (see above image). Definitely gave me a twinge of guilt about all those muslins I've been making...
- Gertie of Blog for Better Sewing gave us a "Humble History of the House Dress"
- Melissa of Fehr Trade has been writing some great reviews of sewing magazines and books (pattern drafting! exciting!). Her post about Susan Khalje's "Bridal Couture" being a must-have made me wish I hadn't sold my copy used before it got expensive and rare. (I bought it thinking I'd make my own wedding dress, and sold it when I ended up buying one on eBay instead).
- Before her beautiful baby girl arrived, Christina of Assorted Notions showed off her last few maternity sewing projects.
- Threadbared dug up a great Sassy spread on "Dopey Fashion Poses" and got into some of the nastier aspects of "looking professional". Totally relevant to our ponytail discussion earlier this week, no?
- Cidell of Miss Celie's Pants showed off her Creamsicle Burda magazine dress.
- Peter of Male Pattern Boldness asked "Is there anything you wouldn't sew?" and wondered what the deal is with slips vs. linings.
It works if you work it
13 hours ago