Below are some of the products and services I love and recommend, for sewing, knitting and many other things. A work in progress
Sewing and Knitting Books
- Bosal Create-A-Pattern Tracing Paper. I love this stuff so much, I even wrote it a love letter.
- An LED headlamp. One of my favorite non-sewing sewing tools (see blog post "My 3 Favorite Sewing Tools That Aren't Sewing Tools At All.")
For Making (A Little) Money from Blogging:
- Viglink's awesome and super-easy-to-use affiliate linking system (that link is a referral code that supports this blog!).
- Google Adsense.
For Saving Money and Frugal Living:
- YNAB, aka You Need a Budget ($6 off coupon code referral here). Life-changing software and free classes that lets you shave little bits off of all sorts of budget categories (to you know, make some room for fabric and yarn.)
- ThredUp, online consignment store. Awesome second-hand clothes in great condition at great prices and FREE RETURNS. ($10 off referral code here — you get $10, I get $10).
- Ting prepaid cell phone service — my husband and I were paying $90/month combined for Verizon's cheapest plan with two flip-phones... and now we've got two (used) Android Smartphones and pay $39/month combined. ($25 off coupon code referral here and blog post here).
For Using Your Computer and Smartphone Hands-Free (especially good for RSI and carpal tunnel sufferers like me):
- The best Mac voice dictation and command software in my experience is Dragon Dictate.
- If you have a PC, I hear Dragon Naturally Speaking is even better (and cheaper). My brother tells me it's even more hands-free than the Mac version, too.
- On my Android phone I use a combo of Dragon Mobile Assistant (free!) and the built-in Google Voice Search app (also free).
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the ready-to-wear hyperlinks on this site may yield commissions for polkadotoverload.com (quite likely spent on yarn or fabric for me to write about ... yum!).