So lately when I get frustrated with an adult-sized project and find myself cursing over 6" FBAs and 22" tummy adjustments I take a break and make something tiny.
I was hoping to share some photos today of the three almost-complete little dresses/outfits I've been making for Cartoonist Baby, but my mother's sewing machine was feeling cranky last night. For now I can show you the flats and fabric.
The pattern is Simplicity 3765, and it's remarkably similar to my just-completed maternity dress--it has a tie belt, contrast front bands, and gathered skirt. But hopefully my color choices keep it out of "Mommy and Me" territory! I'm making view A (the dress) and B and C (the tunic/pants combo).
Dress no. 1 will be turquoise polka dot with self-fabric belt/bands:
Dress no. 2 will be in this Jonathan-Adler-esque turquoise and brown cotton. Turns out it's hopelessly offgrain, but I'm hoping the brown contrast bands and belt will help downplay that:
No. 3 isn't a dress, but a tunic/pants combo--a shorter version of the dress. The top will be this green floral, with purple contrast, and the pants are just plain purple:
And yes, I do obsessively keep track of nearly every tiny piece of fabric in my stash in Flickr. When I switched my focus back from knitting to sewing I found I missed Ravelry's stash display function, so I've got them organized by cool wovens, warm wovens, cool knits and warm knits. Sometimes I play them as guilt-inducing slideshows. I'll probably do a separate post about this later this week!