So I startled awake in a sleep-deprived haze this morning to realize "Oh, hey! Today is the last official day of the SHB Sew-Along!" (see here if you don't know what I'm talking about). The good news was: I did it! Somehow despite having a tiny baby and a four-year-old I managed to sew things. Lots of things, actually. OK, so I mostly had to sew in 15-minute chunks when baby was catnapping (or stay up too late and really deprive myself of sleep), but I still managed to finish four baby garments, a bib, two nursing tops and a baby carrier.
But I'll save a summary of all my makes for another post: this one is to share yours! Cindy of Cation Designs, Clio of Clio & Phineas and I have been following all the awesome, quirky, nerdy, pretty and/or cute things you all have been posting to the Flickr group, Instagram, Twitter and your blogs, and we are super glad you decided to sew along with us -- whether you were a new parent, pregnant, or sewing for friends and family.
And we have prizes for you!
Prize #1: a free copy of the adorable Oliver + S Lullaby Layette PDF pattern (random giveaway)
We have two copies of this cute and comfy layette set to give away, sized for babies and toddlers up to 24 months. At least one of you already made this during the sew-along--this romper with coordinating hat is from Laurel of Dart & Gather (who is too busy to blog these days, but still sews many lovely things):
Prize #2: A year's subscription to Ottobre Design magazine (one chosen from each category)
We have three one-year subscriptions to Ottobre Design children and youth sewing pattern magazine to give away!
That's four thick issues packed with stylish patterns — from sweet and classic to modern and edgy — for babies, toddlers, and kids. All modeled in inspiring fabrics by adorable children. Cindy, Clio and I are going to put our heads together and pick a winner from each sew-along category (baby clothes, baby accessories/quilts/toys, stuff for parents/maternity/nursing). Please don't ask me what our exact criteria are, because we're too tired and covered in spit-up to know yet.
In order to enter both of these giveaways, please:
- Leave a comment on this post linking to one (or more) of your favorite makes for the Sew-Along (whether on Flickr, Instagram, or your blog/website), with your...
- Email address or other way to contact you should you win.
- Basic details of what pattern and materials you used (if not already mentioned on the Flickr page or blog post)...
- A bit about who you sewed the for (your 6-month-old baby, a pregnant friend, whoever!)...
- And how you managed to find the time/inspiration to sew at all!
- Deadline: May 7 at midnight (yes, we know it was an April sew-along, but we won't tell if you use an extra day or two to finish up your projects... I still have a half-finished nursing top and a few not-done baby bibs sitting next to my serger).
Once all the entries are in, give us tired mamas a few days to select and notify the winners, and post a roundup featuring your fantastic creations (spoiler alert: there will be lots of nerdy Lord of the Rings themed-items).
Baby D says: thanks for joining us! (shown here in a Basquiat bodyshirt I originally made for his big sister, on a polka-dot Peanuts quilt made for him by a friend):